Follow The Movement.
Open The Pyramid
We believe that soccer (football) clubs in the United States and Canada deserve
the same opportunity as clubs in the rest of the world.
Per FIFA statutes, national federations throughout the world organize their professional divisions within open and fluid pyramids where the most competitive clubs rise to the top based principally on sporting merit. Through a system of promotion and relegation, the best-ranked teams in the lower division are promoted to the higher division for the next season, and the worst-ranked teams in the higher division are relegated to the lower division for the next season.
The United States, Canada, and Australia are the only federations in the entire world that have a closed and locked pyramid that suppress their member clubs and confine them to pre-defined classes. The continued deployment of such a
system has residual effects throughout every level of soccer in our country.
It is our mission to drive positive change within the sport and our federation through a grassroots movement & awareness campaign that supports:
- “opening the pyramid”
- a logical roadmap for member clubs achieving sporting success
- inclusion of our entire country, regardless of geography or population
- providing development incentive for players, coaches, and clubs
- providing financial incentive for investment in the game at all levels
- development of the most competitive professional structure possible
- transparency of the United States Soccer Federation
- a strong and incorruptible governing body
- neutralizing conflict of interest among stakeholders
We are not anti-MLS. We are advocates for a healthy U.S. Soccer.
We believe America is the land of opportunity.
We believe in the American Dream.